Remysell was born and raised in New York City specifically in the Borough of the Bronx. He is a professor for the Department of Ethnic and Race Studies, where he lectures courses on Caribbean politics, the Dominican identity, and history. He is also a devoted community activist.
In the past, he was a Co-Author for the “Dictionary of the Caribbean and Afro-Latin American Biographies”-W.E.B Dubois Research Institute at Harvard University. He has worked on the Biden and Harris Presidential Campaign as the Regional Voter Activation Director in Florida. Previously, he represented City Hall as the Manhattan Director for the New York City Mayor’s Office, where he managed initiatives and policies for Northern Manhattan and the Dominican community. Also, he has provided in-depth Policy analysis and advanced solutions for the NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) in the Division of Strategic Planning and Policy. Further, he helped organize various elections in New York City and abroad with the Office of the Prime Minister of Norway.
He received a Master of Philosophy degree in Comparative and International Education from the University of Oslo (in Norway), a Bachelor of Arts degree in History from the University at Albany – SUNY, and completed a graduate political program from Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government.
Favorite Dominican Dish
Rice, Red Beans, Plantains with Avocado
- Cristina Contreras, Chair, Board of Directors
- Wilton Cedeno, Immediate Past Chair and Special Advisor
- Maria M. Khury, Chair Emeritus and Co-Chair Education/Scholarship
- Teodoro Regus, D.D.S, 1st Vice President
- Ivan Dominguez, 2nd Vice President, Co-Chair Arts and Culture Committee
- Maria T. Osorio, Secretary
- Jose Ramon Martinez, Treasurer and Co-Chair Education/Scholarship
- Honorable Diana Reyna, Development Committee Chair
- Estela Vazquez, Co-Chair Arts and Culture Committee and Audit Committee Chair
- Mario Baez
- Gregoria Feliciano, Education/Scholarship Committee
- Maria Lizardo, Parade Logistics (In-house)
- Annie Minguez, Parade Logistics (On-route)
- FDNY Bernardo “Bernie” Rodriguez, Director of Volunteers
- Manny Saez
- Remysell Salas
NatDDP’s Board regularly evaluates the board composition to ensure it includes the appropriate experience, perspective, and community relationships necessary to drive growth for our organization and its mission.
We would like to congratulate Cristina Contreras for being elected Chair of the Board of Directors of the National Dominican Day Parade. Cristina Contreras, (MPA, LMSW, FABC, Chief Executive Officer at NYC Health + Hospitals / Metropolitan) is an accomplished healthcare professional with a passion for our community.
Cristina is an outstanding leader and will be focused on moving NatDDP’s mission to new heights along with our outstanding board members, volunteers, community partners and Sponsors.