The Academic Technology Specialist provides guidance, training and support to faculty from across disciplines to implement academic technologies to enhance instruction and promote student engagement and success.
The candidate for the position is expected to display a high level of independence, be able to meet deadlines, work well in a team environment, manage complex projects and collaborate with faculty at all levels and with others across the college to assess and improve student learning outcomes. Primary responsibilities include providing training and support for the effective use of the university’s LMS and other current and emerging academic technologies across learning modalities.
- Provide guidance and support to faculty to effectively integrate academic technologies in teaching and learning and across learning modalities
- Create, design, and facilitate trainings for faculty, staff and students on various academic technology topics.
- Provide technical support for the effective use of the college’s LMS and other digital tools.
- Liaise with other departments and programs to generate/provide/enhance instructional design resources and services.
- Stay current and continually develop knowledge and skills in instructional design, learning technologies, and other skills required for the position.
- Advanced knowledge of academic technologies, including Blackboard, UDL, course authoring, academic integrity, ePortfolios, video conferencing, among other learning technologies
- Advanced knowledge of Instructional Design applications and tools, including some or all of the following: Adobe Creative Suite, Blackboard, Real-time Video Conferencing (i.e., Blackboard Collaborate, Zoom, MS. Teams), Mac and PC OS, Office and Productivity Apps (i.e., MS Office), academic integrity tools (e.g., Turnitin), Screen Capture/Lesson Software (e.g., Camtasia, SnagIt, Panopto).
- Advanced knowledge of UDL, UX and responsive design
- Knowledge of multi-modal course design & development, and instructional design frameworks.
- Knowledge of leadership Skills and Project Management experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity of educational policies and law (e.g., FERPA, TEACH Act, Copyright and Fair Use).
- Ability to find solutions using existing resources.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of design, and ability to present information clearly.
- Familiarity with social network apps like Facebook, Twitter
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Educational Technology or related field and four years’ experience in related field.
- Master’s degree preferred, but not required.
Send resume / mention NatDDP