Why Hire CUNY Students?
Our students are adaptable, highly-skilled, and make up the heart and soul of NYC. Their resilience, what we call #CUNYstrong, is exactly what makes them the ideal employee. Thanks to generous city funding, CUNY Recovery Corps interns can help your organization rebound better and stronger than ever before at no cost to you.
Helping You Help NYC
Hire one of the thousands of CUNY Recovery Corps interns who will work in all five boroughs to revitalize, reinvigorate, and rebuild NYC this summer! Here are examples of the kinds of work that CUNY Recovery Corps students could do for your small business, community organization, school, or agency:
- Neighborhood beautification like landscaping, gardening, and park upkeep.
- Health education and outreach and medical patient support services.
- Technological support like data entry, web design, or network support.
- Community outreach and civic engagement.
- Office help like filing, answering telephones, and scheduling.
- Tutoring, mentoring, and other supportive services for children, people with disabilities, and older adults.
- Connecting NYers to public services
- Organizing cultural activities and community art projects, and assisting cultural institutions.
CUNY Recovery Corps interns will work 25 hours a week for 6 weeks between July and mid-August (a total of 150 hours) and earn $15/hour. The exact dates will be confirmed shortly. Interns’ wages are paid by the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development. Employers like you just need to train and supervise interns.