Ysmael De Castro, Board Member
Fordham University Administrator
Ysmael De Castro
Senior Administrator, Fordham University
Born in the town of Pimentel, Dominican Republic, he arrived to New York City in 1981 and grew up in Inwood with Neruda, Merengue, Beisbol and newspapers, enriched in “Cooltura.”
He has Honors BA in Communication & Media Studies, minor in Journalism, and a Masters in Education from Fordham University.
He worked in various nonprofit organizations serving NY’s inner City; he is a published writer and an administrator at Fordham University.
Ysmael became a NDDP Board member in 2022, embracing his beloved Dominican heritage.
He resides in Woodlawn, The Bronx, with his beautiful wife and their two amazing sons.
- Cristina Contreras, Chair, Board of Directors
- Wilton Cedeno, Immediate Past Chair & Special Advisor
- Maria M. Khury, Chair Emeritus & Education/Scholarship Committee Co-Chair
- Jose Ramon Martinez, 1st Vice-President & Education/Scholarship Committee Co-Chair
- Leonardo Ivan Dominguez, 2nd Vice President & Arts/Culture Committee Co-Chair
- Maria T. Osorio, Secretary
- Estela Vazquez, Audit Committee Chair & Arts/Culture Committee Co-Chair
- Bernardo “Bernie” Rodriguez, Volunteer Committee Chair
- Manny Saez, Treasurer
- Maria Lizardo
- Annie Minguez
- Remysell Salas
- Gregoria Feliciano
- Dorian Rojas
- Ysmael De Castro
- Alexander Nunez-Torres
NatDDP’s Board regularly evaluates the board composition to ensure it includes the appropriate experience, perspective, and community relationships necessary to drive growth for our organization and its mission.
We would like to congratulate Cristina Contreras for being elected Chair of the Board of Directors of the National Dominican Day Parade. Cristina Contreras, (MPA, LMSW, FABC, Chief Executive Officer at NYC Health + Hospitals / Metropolitan) is an accomplished healthcare professional with a passion for our community.
Cristina is an outstanding leader and will be focused on moving NatDDP’s mission to new heights along with our outstanding board members, volunteers, community partners and Sponsors.