Maria Lizardo, Board Member
Parade Logistics (In-house)
NMIC N / A
Born to an undocumented and illiterate fierce immigrant from La Isleta, a campo outside of Moca, DR, Maria Lizardo is a social worker and the current Executive Director at NMIC. She has been with the organization for 22 year and has served in her current role for the last 5. Through her work, she is committed to supporting families, strengthening communities, and fighting for social justice. Her beloved deceased mom, known as Chula, taught her the core values of working hard, focusing on her education and being of service to others. She is dedicated to her family and friends, and a proud Dominicana.
- Cristina Contreras, Chair, Board of Directors
- Wilton Cedeno, Immediate Past Chair and Special Advisor
- Maria M. Khury, Chair Emeritus and Co-Chair Education/Scholarship
- Jose Ramon Martinez, 1st Vice-President Co-Chair Education Committee
- Ivan Dominguez, 2nd Vice President, Co-Chair Arts and Culture Committee
- Maria T. Osorio, Secretary
- Estela Vazquez, Co-Chair Arts and Culture Committee and Audit Committee Chair
- Gregoria Feliciano, Education/Scholarship Committee
- Maria Lizardo, Parade Logistics (In-house)
- Annie Minguez, Parade Logistics (On-route)
- FDNY Bernardo “Bernie” Rodriguez, Director of Volunteers
- Manny Saez
- Remysell Salas
NatDDP’s Board regularly evaluates the board composition to ensure it includes the appropriate experience, perspective, and community relationships necessary to drive growth for our organization and its mission.
We would like to congratulate Cristina Contreras for being elected Chair of the Board of Directors of the National Dominican Day Parade. Cristina Contreras, (MPA, LMSW, FABC, Chief Executive Officer at NYC Health + Hospitals / Metropolitan) is an accomplished healthcare professional with a passion for our community.
Cristina is an outstanding leader and will be focused on moving NatDDP’s mission to new heights along with our outstanding board members, volunteers, community partners and Sponsors.